FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Revenue J pax downgraded while eUp pax stays in J?!?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:22 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Was there no other way to get to YYZ without a 10 hour delay? Even if both flights were full in J, leaving it over by 8, I can't imagine 24 people were sitting around waiting all day, rather than rerouting through any number of other options.

Also, it's not clear to me that a $3000 Y fare purchased and upgraded 6 months out should be prioritized lower than I-class, from either AC's perspective as a business (treat your high-rev customers well), or a passenger's perspective (I have booked trips that I would not have taken if there was a chance I wouldn't be sitting in J - I confirmed the upgrade when I booked).

Anyway, don't talk to customer relations yet. There has been no downgrade until 158 departs.

The first thing you need to do is find an airport agent and have them add your wife to the onload list since she was ticketed in J on the original flight. At least that way, if there are any no-shows, she can receive a seat at the gate.

Then you need to watch the flight very carefully, and if anyone rebooks, causing a seat to become available, find an agent at the airport to confirm her in J.