FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hotel in GDL?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:12 pm
rosscali

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Which Hotel in GDL?

I am headed to GDL for 2 nights in late April 2019 and writing to see if anyone has any comments on recent stays at the Aloft, AC Hotel and/or Westin Guadalajara.

The rates are about the same on the days I am travelling for all three properties.

As a former SPG person, the Marriott points seem ominous, and worthless, so a Platinum amenity of 1000 points at the Westin versus 500 points at the Aloft or AC Hotel sounds more enticing, (how sad.)

Only one hotel has a pool, the AC Hotel, but it that worth it? I will try use a pool if it’s there, but if is trashy or just for dunking and amongst people drinking at a bar watching me maybe not. (Stayed at an AC Hotel in Kansas City recently and while minimalist, it was cute with a great bar, a neighborhood gem to the KCI community of Westport Rd.)

Interested in anyone feedback on location, airport accessibility (plan to use UBER,) and location of the properties. The ALOFT and AC Hotel are close to one another and the Westin looks to be in a convention center area. I am planning to walk all over, my way to visit a city and get a glimpse of what is might be like and get its vibe.

I visited Guadalajara once before, about 10 years ago, and liked the city and its people. On a 4:00AM taxi ride to the airport back then, in my broken Spanish I answered the taxi driver’s questions about my experience in his city versus Mexico City. He was hoping I liked Guadalajara more. Similar experiences in restaurants during my visit. Everyone was hoping I was having a good time.

Thanks in advance for any comments and reflections that you may wish to share.