FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:17 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RaflW
I'm disappointed to see that C+ has only a 34" pitch on DL's 339s. At the stage lengths this aircraft will fly, and the price difference they'll likely want, three inches of extra pitch is crappy.

C+ is, as far as I can tell, pitched at 35" on all other long haul twin aisle aircraft in DLs fleet. Even the 75S (w/ D1) is at 35" v. 34 for the domestic 757s (and other single aisle aircraft). 34" is acceptable for three or four hours - and the domestic C+ doesn't have the increased recline (ie knee tightness and angle of IFE isn't as big an issue).

C+ is gonna feel squeezed. Poorly done, Delta.
While I agree that loosing that inch is not ideal, we should be glad they've kept C+ in the long-haul fleet after bringing in Premium Select. Much of C+ long haul is probably being given away to medallions so it's probably not a huge money maker. They want people like you to buy Premium Select. Remember that PS only has 38" of pitch and they need to differentiate between the products to make the buy up have value.