FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Osaka or Conrad Osaka
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:16 am
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Ritz Carlton Osaka or Conrad Osaka

I know I could not be asking about more distinctly different properties, but the Ritz Carlton Osaka and Conrad Osaka are coming out at about the same price in December, so I wanted to see if anyone has been to both and can make a recommendation. While amenities are important, we primarily focus on service, food, and pool. While the Ritz is older, we know they have excellent service and a solid "Ritz Kids" program at their hotels. The Conrad has newer and more spacious rooms plus we would have lounge access as Diamonds. (We are booking through Virtuoso so status doesn't matter that much at either property though). I don't know anything about location - is one better than the other? We would be taking a day trip to Kyoto and other touristy areas in Osaka in December which will be cold (prefer to be as sheltered as possible during commutes).

We typically stay at the InterContinental Osaka in the past, but the rates are not competitive for the dates we are looking at. It would be substantially more than the Ritz or Conrad for our stay, and it just doesn't make economic sense to book it given the other great options.