FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 380 or 777 in F from LHR-HKG
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:48 am
BobServant

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
I've got a soft spot for the Harbour Grand (on HK Island, near Causeway). The Club rooms have good views over the harbour, afternoon snacks and drinks, and it's very convenient for the MTR. It's not one of the prestige luxury brands yet it is very pleasant, the staff are nice, and the prices are not stratospheric.

GIven a choice I would fly there on the A380, in any cabin.
+1 for Harbour Grand. It’s 5 mins walk from Fortress Hill MTR and trams towards Causeway Bay/ Wan Chai and half the price of the more central hotels. The views are great and if you take a Club room, you can enjoy the lounge, happy hour cocktails and breakfast.

Of course, if money is no object then do look at Upper House, Murray and the 4S/MO/Pen but if not would very much recommend HG. We had 4 nights there last week so our recent experience is still very positive.

Our final night at Ritz Carlton was a nice treat and while it’s a great hotel in every way, especially with Club access, the location is rather out on a limb and I suspect the two elevators and a taxi or long walk to MTR would get tiresome fairly quickly if you are going to see the sights rather than relax in a hotel. Clearly it’s a cut above the Harbour Grand but I think we got the balance right at 4:1, with final night before flight AT RC.