FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 380 or 777 in F from LHR-HKG
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:22 am
Lefly

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Choose CX or QR via Doha if not too much of a problem.

BA F is of course a great product - compared to other travel classes - but heavily depending on the crew you get so do yourself a favour and have high but reasonable expectations.

Also worth to note that QR Q suites will provide you a superior experience in J (other frequent fliers can challenge me on this one) compared to BA F, so I would consider to save the money on the flight, buy a J Qatar ticket, and splash out the money on a great hotel room in HKG (in example in the Ritz Carlton).

The above would be my choice but of course, you have your own considerations I guess. Anyway have a good flight!
HKG in F is one of the rare case when I am quite happy with BA and I would not choose QR and a Doha stop. A long night flight, a good plane (A380) and in 5 single flights - two as couple and three as family of 4 - I never had crew issues.
I don't know for CX. I would really like to try its F (wishful thinking, as I don't think I'll be able to - too many Avios needed, too high the cash price) however, a said before, I like BA to/from HKG.