FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is AA actively trying to kill SFO-LAX?!
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:40 pm
JBD

Boeing 738 flight #2533 cancelled for next 7 days

Originally Posted by JBD
Traveling with my 90 yr old dad, needing to go LAX-SFO at the end of March. I'm miles rich and cash poor and wanting to make this as painless on my dad as possible.

LAX's Eagles Nest logistics would be too much for him, but I've found there's one flight a day on a 738, Flight 2533 in both directions. I put on hold first class MileSAAver award tix, 30k roundtrip pp. A lot of miles for this short hop, but worth it to make my dad comfortable.

But what are the chances of the 738 being swapped for the E175?

I've been reading up on the 738 Oasis conversions, currently my res shows a 160 seats Version 1 - but a change between 738s wouldn't be a concern because we'd still leave LAX from the main terminal. (If I'm makng the wrong assumption, please someone correct me!)

If of interest to others: I also see one flight a day on a 319, Flight 2764 in both directions - but those times don't work for us.

TIA
Would love to get some feedback on this -

I ended up booking the roundtrip flight on #2533 with a First Class MileSAAver and was just checking this flights's "Flight Status" on AA.com to see which gates are used. Today's flights occurred and showed the info. However, when I input flight number 2533 for March 21 and March 22, it showed that these flights are cancelled.

Using just AA.com I then did a search and see that flight 2533 is now off the schedule as of tomorrow, but appears again in one week on March 28th, and remains there for the succeding few days (that's as far out as I looked, since our trip is for the end of this month).

Without knowing squat, I'm thinking maybe this flight #2533 has been pulled for a weeks' interval due to the fact it's on a 738 and they're using the equipment elsewhere due to the 7M8's absence? And then thinking that come March 28th, they might extend the cancellation to another week - resulting in our flights being rebooked?

My goal is to have our flights be as easy on my 90 yr old Dad as possible, and that's why I chose the 738, and that's why I chose First Class. There is that one other non-Eagle's Nest flight, flight 2764 on the A319, but there are currently no First Class MileSAAver awards.

Would you all advise me to do anything proactive now?