FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious Privacy violation at Grand Hyatt Jakarta - What to do?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:58 am
ehallison

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by xinmpg
My opinion is hotel staff should never divulge by name, but instead if someone calls that person should have to ask for a specific room number. In this age of emails, sms, whatsapp, and ubiquitous international roaming and wifi, how many people would actually have to call a hotel on a land line to find you? Anyone close should be in contact some other way.
+1. I am shocked that the hotel gave out ANY info to a random caller. My parents travel extensively, and if I am trying to reach them by phone at their hotel, I am always asked for the guest's name and room number before being connected. (my parents communicate the room # to me with the aforementioned email or messaging apps). I don't know what would happen if I called without the room number and insisted on speaking to Mr Jones because "I'm his daughter and it's urgent"