FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Aspen, Colorado [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:14 am
SP03

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cedahm
I have a points redemption (made in October) starting this weekend.

I believe they used to not except SNA's - but I saw the option a few weeks ago in my reservation, so I requested them, got confirmation email, then immediatelyfollowing that was a 'Your Suite Night Awards request has been removed" email.

I tried again late last week and the request went through and I did not get the immediate cancellation of the request. Monday I got a notification that we'd been upgraded to a 1BR suite. Yay. Then - last night - it changed to a 'Grand Deluxe' room and now, this morning it is back to just 'Deluxe'

I am not overly concerned one way or the other (it would save me a few bucks on a rollaway) - but curious for those that have dealt with the property...

Given their reputation for not giving a lot of Titanium recognition - should I bring it up/email them about it before check-in? I have a screenshot of the reservation showing the Suite confirmed. I'm nervous that if I bring it up I'll get 'flagged' as 'one of those 60K/night people' described earlier in this thread. Or, better to just deal with it at check-in?
The whole point of the SNA under Starwood was to prevent hotels from gaming the upgrade system. It's clear from your description that the hotel is trying to bypass it. I would be pretty upset if this happened to me, but frankly I'm not surprised after reading about St Aspen charging $1000 for someone arriving a day later due to a flight delay.

I would try to reach out to Marriott before your stay and ask them to confirm that you are in a suite since you got the email notification. I feel it would be better to have Marriott advocate on your behalf, since you are using a Marriott SNA . Once you get to the hotel, you really don't have any leverage anymore.