FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All electronics turned off for SIN-SFO flight - comments from multiple onboard FTers
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:05 am
yyzprincess

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
During one of my first walk, the captain was in the Galley; Another 1 K & I had a lengthy conversation with him. There was no major failure. Only failure was in the beeping for seatbelt would not turn off. The flight deck crew was in contact with both Chicago & Boeing; Options:To have continuous beeping or to voluntarily turn off the electronics thus no continuous beeping or divert to Tokyo.
Since there was no major failure, decision was made to continue to SFO and turn off the electronics since it was a night flight and paxs would be sleeping. There was wifi for paxs who wanted to entertainment.
I was happy with the decision to continue to SFO decision. At no time during the flight I felt my safety was at risk.
I fly 300K a year 80% longhaul. I pick carriers for their safety records not the lowest fare. I only fly UA, LH, ANA, SQ, CX, QF& AC for all my international trips.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Mar 20, 2019 at 1:12 pm