FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious Privacy violation at Grand Hyatt Jakarta - What to do?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:08 am
birdiedouble

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gengar
This is just not a good rationale. Do you say the same thing if a guest doesn't want to get sexually assaulted - that she shouldn't rely on an FD agent not to give out her room key to a drunken stranger not registered to the room? Is OP just supposed to stay home because "devious people" are always going to find ways to continue harassment? The bottom line is that hotels have an obligation to the safety and security of hotel guests, and procedures should be in place to manage privacy accordingly. The fact that management was made aware of OP's situation and promised protection, yet this situation still happened, is quite bothersome.
I think you misinterpreted my message. The hotel (and their employees) are clearly responsible for their actions, however I think the OP needs to be more proactive here rather than relying on a conversation 15 months prior and FD agents who may or may not care (for a number if reasons) whether they respect her privacy. It's really not clear why this particular person is a "threat" to the OP and drawing a connection to a sexual assault is a stretch given what we know and don't know about this situation. A criminal assault is much different than being in a city with someone who "bothers" you for some unknown reason. I just think the OP needs to act differently if they can't rely on this particular property to respect their wishes and expectations. Sometimes you just need to move on rather than expect a situation to change after multiple attempts to change it.