FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious Privacy violation at Grand Hyatt Jakarta - What to do?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:02 am
Freebird

Programs: UA MP Gold
Originally Posted by xinmpg
Well, thats a bit my point. It happened before, and I asked them what they could do so it wouldn't happen again. They offered to mark my profile as "private" so people couldn't just call and ask if i was there. But, they ignored it this last visit when i was there and someone did call.

This is a standard hotel offering, and something they said they did for me. It's not that I'm asking the hotel to help me avoid a specific person, but that I want my privacy respected where I'm staying. Do you think celebrities and such that travel allow random people to call the hotel and ask if they're there? Or, should hotel guest registries be public?

I'm just asking what the opinion is of this group (frequent travelers) when a hotel I've invested significantly in (Diamond/Globalist for years) gives me a problem like this. Who to raise it to: Corporate, the membership program, just ..... on every public review sites, etc.
Having lived in SE Asia, any promises of "it won't happen it again" made by one person in a larger organisation need to be rated under a "worst scenario case", i.e. that another lower ranking person will do it again.

After this incident, your best option was to stay at a different place (and request total anonymity there). This would also at least have made it much harder for the caller to find you, as they correctly guessed you'd be staying there again.

Sorry to say but you need to become more unpredictable in Jakarta. As for the Hyatt, I'd just let it go (and never stay there again) unless you know some really powerful people.