FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outrageous No-Show Fee Incurred At St. Regis Aspen
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:48 am
mysterym

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The real question is, who runs the property?

According to press reports, this property is MANAGED BY MARRIOTT.

So, either the owner is meddling into the property or Marriott itself is doing this. It would be one thing if this was some random third-party management company, but this is Marriott. Hence why Marriott hasn't said anything about this incident.

Essentially, you have two separate divisions of corporate clashing against each other -- and that's assuming Marriott's loyalty division, which oversees Bonvoy, would take the side of customers in this instance. As we've seen with the breakfast benefit, the divisions that operate hotels and develop hotels seem to prevail over the loyalty division.
ouch, didnt know this prop is managed by marriott. they should be able to solve this more easily then i would think?

i have a feeling the whole REIT thing plays into it somehow... i have seen REITs acquire properties and the first things they try is charging fees left and right, many of them bogus or absurd, some flat out illegal. i will give you an example... i lived in a building for 5 years, REIT came along bought it, a week later, they tried charging for trash collection and water usage... i said no way, they pushed back, i cited how its illegal (you cant charge water if its not metered in the state, they were trying to divide it by apartments, then # of occupants, initially even tried to layer in the building's own use for things like watering in the yard, laundry room, etc). told them to take it off, they took it off but continued charging hundreds of other people. those that complained saw it disappear, those that did not got charged. i moved out for a dozen other reasons (building went to ....) but i heard they started charging things to tenants such as pest control for the entire building, dividing it out by # of apartments. talk about penny pinching. they are now one of the lowest rated buildings, dozens of bad reviews, and higher vacancies than ever before. they chose the path.

Last edited by mysterym; Mar 20, 2019 at 6:55 am