FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: New Flagship Dining (Nov 2015) and Future Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:06 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I can be dense, so I just want to ask.

I will be flying HKG JFK in CX F, arriving at 8PM March 27 and I have a AA JFK - CLT flight at 5AM March 28 (separate ticket, economy)

I should have access to JFK FF Dining, per this below rule yes? I am OWE but I don’t think that matters.

“Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or if connecting before 6 a.m. the following day).”

Thank you, MB
Originally Posted by Global321
Are you sure about that?

I believe the outbound (before 6am) refers to the international flight.

OP - please report back. And good luck.
Originally Posted by anabolism
My understanding is that the rule is specifically to accommodate overnight connections "close to" the first flight out (the rule is 6 AM rather than first flight). I've never seen any restriction that the next-day flight be the international one. I'd be quite surprised if the poster has any question or problem with access.
Yea, the "before 6am" flight can be either the international or the domestic connecting flight.

And IME most AA lounge agents are confused by this rule and/or just don't enforce the 6am time strictly, especially if you have all your boarding passes and are trying to access a lounge the day before or after.

That said, I would expect FFD to be more strict in general, however still should be no problem as this scenario is within the rules. Obviously since its separate tickets hang on to the CX BP to show for entry.