FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another downgrade of benefits for FB Silver
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:56 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
I'm a relative newb to the world of status,
welcome !

but as a Silver I've had no trouble using the Skypriority queues for check-in and boarding at Frankfurt, CDG, BCN, and recently Montpellier
For checkin no problem because its allowed

however officially for boarding its more complicated story , but it usually work in this order
  1. disabled passengers and passengers travelling with infants under 3years old
  2. skypriority , skyteam elite plus and business class passengers
  3. skyteam elite like as silver from flying blue or other skyteam programs
  4. general boarding for economy passengers (for flights operated by larger aircrafts , there are groups divided by arrays of rows)
Delta is even worst , they had 6 groups but since january there are 8 (while doing simple when you can create a mess)

See this link for more details (https://news.delta.com/boarding-simp...tte-tie-it-all)

This rule should be enforced and applied but it depends on the airport you fly from , and also agents at gates are mostly concerned about boarding all passengers as soon as possible , so you will often see skypriority boarding starting the same time as general boarding

In fact, on my last flight from MPL my baggage was tagged with the Priority tag. At Frankfurt I had to remind the check-in agent that I was entitled to an extra checked bag but that's been the only hiccup so far.
its because agents at check-in desks are not always aware of these rules
  1. silvers are not supposed to have this skypriority tag since 2014 (not sure exactly when)
  2. the extra check bag is still in place ,so you were right (maybe the software didnt displayed correctly the luggage allowance or you didnt add your FB id during booking or when you bought ticket the airline didnt add your status into your booking)
The small touches are enough to keep me trying to hold onto Silver and fly AF......
again, as i said , it depends to/from which airports you fly mostly , like airports which are not main bases of skyteam airlines such as Frankfurt or Barcelona where they dont really care or dont know much about skypriority

In my case i mostly fly from Warsaw and transit in paris , amsterdam or moscow , so these changes didnt affect too me when i was silver

It also depends how you play and engage with agents during the whole process = Smile , be nice , be polite , pretend to be ignorant but do not force your luck too much

Many cases as silver i received skypriorty tags when flying with Airfrance or other skyteam airlines or even was able to access 3rd party lounges , but its all thanks to luckiness and poor trainings delivered to agents

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 20, 2019 at 5:31 am