FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 868 Daytripper Meal Service?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:15 pm
Heathrow regular

AC 868 meal experience

I have been taking this flight, probably at least once a year, since about 2000 when the former Canadian Airlines operated it. I pay the overnight expense of a Toronto airport hotel to take it, because I find the time zone adjustment infinitely easier flying by day. And if your time in England is short, it is, for me at least, worth the Toronto expense to ease the time zone change and thereby maximize effective time in the UK. HOWEVER, I do not like the meal service. And I have flown it both "biz" and "peasant". By the time you take off from Toronto and cabin service swings into gear, it is late morning. I do not want breakfast; I had that at the airport before I left, but that is what they serve. The "snack" in peasant is marginal at best. I normally bring a sandwich with me to have as lunch at my Canadian time zone lunch time. I find that helps. I looked to this site to see if there were any recent comments (Mar 2019 there are not) as I am taking the flight tomorrow, and I wanted to see if anything had changed. Even though tomorrow I am in biz, I will bring a sandwich "just in case" because I could not find any meal service info on the AC web site.