FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Initiated Flight Change - 7 Hours Later - Options?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:07 pm
gateH15

Originally Posted by ltoolio
Long time lurker, first time poster....

In January, I booked a flight on AA from ORD->DEN from 7:30A-9:50A, coming up this Sunday (March 24th), for myself, my wife and my 2 kids. We were all sitting in the same row, and I paid for the tickets via $$$ rather than via Points.

I received notice yesterday from AA that my flight has changed to 3:10P->4:50P, so a 7 hour difference. And we are not sitting together any longer.

There are connecting flights that get into DEN closer to 1, which works better for us, but some of the available seats are in first class, and AA support is telling me they can't explore moving me to the connecting flight until the 72 hour window for Exec Plats clears. By that time, the other seats in coach may be gone.

I'm supposed to meet a family member who happens to be in the area for dinner that night before they leave town, and won't make it if I get in on the 450p arrival.

I've read elsewhere that AA will move you to a new flight, even if booking classes don't match, when a flight is changed over 90 minutes, but can't find anything definitive I can share with AA.

Anyone have any experience or pointers on what to do here?

I'm currently Plat Pro, and am easily trending toward Exec Plat this year, should that make a difference.
I’m seeing that you are able to book ORD-DEN for 4 people on the non stop on March 14th. Not sure why can’t they move you to non stop. Try calling again