FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:54 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Just as a flip-side to all of the recommendations on Hi-Lo.. I've never had a great experience there. It's hard to explain because I can't point out one major let down (perhaps the rooms aside), but the compendium of experiences always leaves me dissatisfied.

As some examples - the valet is annoying if you get back there late or leave early (the front desk agent is the valet). Despite being an Ambassador and paying relatively high room rates I've been put into some very tiny and dumpy rooms (including ones where the bed is literally about 12 inches of the door). Less pressing but other annoyances include no green choice option, always charging the wrong card (even when making it clear what card I want charged), and thermostats hard-locked to a 68 degree minimum with no way to override like you can with most thermostats. The hand soaps ("custom made" for the hotel) are also a little too fragrant for my taste.

I've never had the breakfast (which they do offer) as it is not a buffet option so I always fear it will take too long to eat (plus it doesn't start until 6:30 AM I believe - which is too late for my tastes, especially when combined with the uncertainty from the sit-down ordering).