FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:23 am
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well I am feeling guilty. Let me explain.I do not think much of VS hard product in Delta 1 which they call upper class on their TATLs whether it is their 747 or A330. So it is certainly not worth paying 2.5 times more approx. However their Premium Economy product is pretty good IMHO. Also they configure their 747s so that PE is mainly on the upper deck of the 747. So I just did round trip CHA-ATL.MAN-ATL-CHA in PE $2200. Now the CHA-ATL leg is 102 miles give or take. So on checking my skymiles account I find that for my premium economy I got the following:
  1. Upper deck 747
  2. Premium Economy service, brandy, plenty of drinks good service, wider seat good pitch
  3. Reasonable price
  4. And the bit I feel guilt y about 750 MQM for CHA-ATL and another 750 for the ATL-CHA leg.
Isnt life a beeatch?
extremely first world problems sir! to say nothing of lower APD because it was PE rather than J