FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I Claim any compensation / expenses - it's a complicated one !
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:50 am
gallagher

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As mentioned above, since you're outside EC261 you are not on the usual path. Hence my suggestion you discuss this with Customer Relations on the telephone. They are open in the afternoon, Monday to Fridays, UK time. They have given you the answer they have since they have it down as a QR service.

It's BA's fault, or rather the mistake of one of their staff, so if this gets stuck try and force them to give you the "our answer will not change" and try CEDR, again not for EC261, but on the basis of having given you incorrect information. Alternatively you need to articulate exactly what you want and push for it using CEDR and MCOL using the established patterns shown in the EC261 thread, in terms of process rather than entitlement.
I called BA Customer Relations and explained the sistuation. They reviewed the notes on my case and told me that I must claim any expenses incurred from the operating carrier (QR).
So even though (I was told incorrectly) the QR EDI-DOH flight was cancelled, and all the consequecial expenses arose when BA cancelled their NCL-LHR flight, BA insist my claim should be with QR.

Does this sound sensible?