FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:46 am
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Not sure if this has been posted UT or elsewhere on FT but this is an interesting article on the evolution of BA's Club. It is pre-recent seat unveiling, but a good read with some excellent BA nostalgia in the form of old advertisement so of no doubt interest to readers of this thread!
https://londonairtravel.com/2019/03/...ys-club-world/
Thanks. Thats great article to read, clearly Walsh got it wrong with being adamant that the current CW doesn't need a reason to change when its the most economical of designs. Whilst purely on a spreadsheet of financials this maybe true, I am extremely glad that someone at BA woke up (no pun intended if you've watched the 90's BA adverts) and went for this new seat.

As per the previous thread discussing what might be coming for the new CW, had they stuck with the ying-yang and refreshed the seat with 'a bit more', I cannot imagine the onslaught and press that would have got, let alone the grilling from FT'ers. Reading that quoted paragraph from Mr Walsh shows a time when BA hit the lowest mark in their history, its basically saying...we're making money so we don't need to change" - all I can say to that is thank god for the ME carriers with their innovation. Otherwise we'd all be flying the current CW for another 20 years if Walsh had his way!

Credit where its due, if Snr. Cruz put his foot down by saying "no! we need 1-2-1 layout and a new seat" then bravo! Which still surprises me, as this is the yellow vis guy that brought us M&S sandwiches that we have pay for!

Let's hope the roll-out of this new CS is in a timely fashion.