FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:27 am
opus99

Programs: BA Exec Club
The talk of innovation really at this point holds no significance right now. The worlds leading business class seat which is the Qsuite has BARELY been updated acrosss Qatar’s entire fleet. They have a long way to go with over a 100 planes still on order coming within the next 5 years and they must’ve been working on it for years (and I mean it’s a suite in businsss class? Like what more do you really want to do at this point in time what will be greater and yet more economical? I mean don’t get me wrong I’m sure more innovation is sure to come but just not now) so I’m sure they would like it to fly for a while on their aircrafts. And a point was raised that business class “innovation” is really just taken from first class and the most advanced first class today is the new SQ First on the A380. Now the fact that it has to be a single aisle cabin on the A380 just goes to show that applying it to business class is just not economically wise so in all honesty, BA has a fantastic seat going for them here and it is more than enough to turn eyes and win over the competition (especially Lufthansa - even with their own new seat)