FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:40 am
flyertalker00197
Suspended

Downgrade CE to ET redemption booking - thoughts?

Hi All,

Hoping you can help? I travelled on a last minute Avios redemption MAN-LHR-AMS on Friday 15/3 on BA1375 in ET then booked on BA440 in CE.

Granted, there were weather issues across the network, but the actual reason BA1375 arrived late into LHR was the baggage handlers simply did not load our plane, and it took about an hour to sort out. The next LHR departure was parked next to us and got their baggage first, then duly pushed back and left! The captain and purser both confirmed this in announcements, although I'm pretty sure it'll be put down to weather. To cut the long story short we then missed our slot and were waiting to be able to depart.

I missed conformance, and went landside as the queue was enormous for rebooking and I knew I'd miss the later BA442 if I waited in it. I went to the desks and was given a boarding card for BA442 but in ET, not CE, and was told there were no alternatives that day as the flights were all full. (This did seem to check out from what I'd seen on the App and Google Flights, although someone else managed to get the last CE seat as it was showing 1 until I got to the desk when it disappeared). Since I needed to travel I swallowed it up as it is only a short flight.

I suppose my question is the redemption was 4000 +£17.50 for MAN/LHR and then 7750 +£25 for LHR/AMS leg. I think even if BA agreed to pay out the 30% back is such a pittance. I guess all I should be expecting is a refund of £7.50 tax and 3750 Avios for the difference between ET and CE on the second flight? Or am I missing something? Final arrival in Schiphol was 21.35 vs original planned 19.15 btw.

Thanks for your input