FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:02 am
pythonisman

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
What isn't clear from your post is that you say QR and Oman are the best out there (with foot coffins) but also say you actively avoid foot coffins.
I expect (wrt Oman at least) the reference is to the Apex Suite:
https://apex.aero/be-aerospace-apex-suites

I've flown that product on JL and personally feel that the window seats are my favourite business product, if travelling on my own. That being said, I am also a huge fan of CX's latest generation of J seat, as well as the other Super Diamond seats I've flown before (VA, AA).

I'm a side sleeper and so having restriction around the knees is bad in my books, but I didn't have a problem with VA's seat. I also think the table design is better, as it slides up and is supported strongly at both sides, rather than swinging out and getting tired (and drooping) with age. The table can be 'docked' back all the way to the home position while it's unfolded as well (with a slightly tricky hand movement), which can be great if you need to go to the loo mid-service or without putting your laptop away.

For those asking why you should fly BA on the back of the new seat not being 'innovative' enough:
If it's "the same" as the other airlines you prefer, and they offer you better prices/timings/connections, then fly with the other airlines. Presumably you've been doing that already and BA have still been making money.

Personally, it puts BA on more of a level playing field in the future, so I think it's all good news and personally welcome this kind of competition.

Now if only someone in Europe properly were to shake up short haul business seats, then we'd be in for some good times!