FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Missing flight on purpose, but with different airlines
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:58 am
Rasmus

Help! Missing flight on purpose, but with different airlines

Hi all

I do realize that there are a lot on this subject already, but I haven't been able to find an answer on my specific situation.

I'm flying from Denmark to Mexico, and as you all know, it's cheaper to buy a round ticket from/to the same airports. Therefore we have booked departure: Denmark-Cancun (2 stops) and return Cancun-Denmark (2 stops).

Our flights from Denmark stops in Orlando, then Mexico City, and finally in Cancun. We are planning to skip the last part and get off in Mexico City (if we can make sure to get our luggage out as well - that is another discussion). We booked it all through an online agency which means that all the flights are with different airlines.

What we are afraid of is, that if we "skip" the last flight getting there (Mexico City to Cancun), will it then have an effect on our return trip somehow? We don't return until 7 weeks later and with different airlines. Yet, it has all been booked simultaneously as one single trip through the online agency. Do the different airlines notify each other somehow or does it happen automatically when it is all the same booking maybe?

Hope you can help with this one.

Kind regards Rasmus