FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Premium Economy an awkward middle ground?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:54 am
BRITINJAPAN4

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by evergrn
For TPAC flights, in general the Y:PE:J ratios would be 1 : 2 : 6 for price, 1 : 1.5 : 6 for the seat footprint.
At least that's been my observation.

Based on this, PE offers the worst value. Airlines are ripping people off with PE revenues, and airlines know it.
Considering that J pax get very enhanced catering and amenities, lounge access, more miles, etc, one could argue that biz class is good value for the money. For award travel, J is an exceptional value.

However, there are so many people (like me sometimes) who can't tolerate the Y torture but could never afford to pay for J. Hence the demand for PE, and airlines take advantage of that demand.
To those who say rip off, it is simple business supply and demand. I often take PE on flights over 6 hours, I find fares are normally reasonable, but there is no "rule" as we all no air ticket prices are very dynamic. Off course airlines take
advantage of high demand, and we as travelers are free to take advantage of low demand. This really is not a shock ! And also ther is no PE standard, I fine some airlines its a slightly bigger seat, with others its a lot more, OH just like every other class