FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:44 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NordsFan
LAX MLL 17MAR: waiting for AC788 which has a 75 min departure delay. No more than 15 pax here.

The F&B ladies are doing good work especially the one who is calling out the slobs who are reaching into the tortilla chip bowl and the cookie jar with their bare hands. In the last hour, she has caught 3 people doing it since I arrived at 2000.

"Sir, sir ! Please use the tongs !"
At least she was doing something - I regularly see people using their hands and taking dirty plates back to the buffet, the staff just watch and do nothing, and yes, I yell at customers who stick their hands in the dishes, or ask them to get a new plate (I don't normally yell at the dirty plate people). I've really unloaded on a couple people in the MLL over the years who were sticking their hands in serving dishes repeatedly. I know Canadians might not be used to us Americans yelling at someone in public, but if that's what it takes to help train these morons to act properly, so be it - I don't mind. Of course at the YYZ TB MLL, where I end up doing most of my yelling, when I tell the clueless staff they need to change whatever dish was contaminated, they just stand there like deer caught in the headlights until I can get a manager, some of whom are equally clueless. I've seen it outside of the MLL in Canadian restaurants, so I've just assumed there is a general lack of hygiene knowledge in Canada, which is strange for a country that makes it feel like a crime to cough in your hand instead of your elbow.

I probably see 1 person in a US airline club do this for every 4-5 people in a MLL, and in Asia, outside of generally dirty mainland Chinese, I would see this done .001 times for every 10 times in Canada, especially in Japan - and when I see it, it's always a foreigner.