FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: Parent kicked out of seat by "celebrity"
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:15 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by rickg523
As an American, this thread had been just as interesting without the name. I don't know who Peter Mandelsohn is, can't even imagine guessing which anti-Brexit politician AC refers to. I think a defamation suit brought by an English politician not named Churchill in the US would be laughable and possibly impossible to find a jury who would even recognize, for example, Mr. M as a public figure.
I'd like to add that only boring part of this thread, a common problem on every online forum, is the useless and uninteresting speculation about whether the story presented by the OP is true or not. Discussion of the issues presented - how you would react, did the crew respond appropriately, what you think the crew should have done, like that - is, or at least can be, illuminating. This is the case regardless of the level of absolute veracity in the OP. In other words, unless we are only interested in sworn depositions, we kind of have to deal with a post at it's face value.
Discussing whether the OP is a liar or not, is simply a waste of time. And in the end, doesn't even matter a whit to the debate that the OP engenders.
On FT, to me anyway, this always comes off as apologists simply trying to devalue a discussion that may not show their preferred carrier in the most positive light.
Well said. This hobby of guessing on most threads goes on seemingly forever ! It seems a curtailment of such would deprive the guessers of perhaps their fav pasttime.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
It would be a boring forum if the discussion was all one sided would it not?
Not to mention FTs servers busting at the seams.