FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Award Category Changes - Effective March 5, 2019.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:24 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atojbk
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately # 1 did not happen. Was an NC 1-4 and I applied it to a PA Cat 5 but was cat 4 at booking. #2 did happen tho surprisingly without any issue. Did not recall which center I got but had a heavy hispanic accent.
Thanks a lot - still very valuable info for those who have made PA on properties that go up in category that it is possible to still apply the cert good for the old category only.

I assume the rep issued extra pts to change the cert value then attached the cert to the PA booking, instead of just slapped the old category cert to the PA booking. (the latter may post issues at check in while the former would be the correct way to do it.)

You may have gotton a rep based in Mexico City. A friend got one a week ago and he said the rep was the most competent he had ever gotten calling the US number, though the rep still refused to do the upgrade of cert to him but very swiftly finish cert conversion and attachment.