FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:15 pm
dwcatty

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dwcatty
So...If my lifetime counter says 8 years Platinum, and I am Platinum now (March, 2018), at some point early next year it will roll over to 9 years? I'm working towards lifetime so these last two qualifying years are important to me. Thanks.

I wish I'd taken a screen shot of my account in December. Argh.
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
You mean, March 2019?

I assume you mean your counter says 8 years lifetime Plat right now, currently, March 2019. And you are saying, you hit Plat this month as well, and it didn't move up to 9 years. Here's the answers:

No. If you are Plat/Titanium, your 'lifetime' counter (assuming you hit Plat/Titanium in March 2019) will not update until late 2019/early 2020. So screenshot! And wait.

However, if you hit Ambassador this year (2019), your lifetime counter will increment up when you hit Ambassador.
Yeah, duh, March 2019. This decade is confrusing me...

So I did a screenshot, but it was in January of this year (2019). Said:
Nights: 519
Years as Gold or Platinum: 9
Years as Platinum: 8

Nothing changed (well, nights have increased) in years since then. So you are saying around this time next year I go to 9 years Plat. And then in 2021 I should hit ten, which is perfect, because then I retire and stop spending 50 nights on the road.

Thanks.