FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was booked on a Norwegian 737 Max 8 for April
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:11 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by remphish1
Good options I’d do if I was traveling with just my wife. If it doesn’t work out I’m just going to flat out cancel everything as I stated I got youngish kids who are good on around a 6 hour flight don’t want to add on connections or additional bus rides. As far as other flights I tried every combo I could that flies to Shannon (ewr, jfk) even coming back one day earlier and back one day late however I cant get 4 seats together without paying a fortune on any flight at this stage in the game as I’m going so soon. The only plus side I spoke with Airbnb and they gave me a little more flexibility so I have a little more time before I really have to cancel my lodging.
After thinking about your situation for some time, I think you're down to having to fly on Norwegian if the Max is no longer grounded.
If the Max is still grounded, you are best off cancelling your ground reservations before there are any penalties. If right before you're scheduled to leave, the Max is no longer grounded, you can rebook your ground reservations.

So you're really down to cancelling the entire trip if Norwegian isn't able to fly your original route since you indicate that you have little/no flexibility in city pairs/flight times.