FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:05 pm
boolean64

Originally Posted by marcdc
Update:

Las Alcobas is now a Category 8 hotel.... didn't realize that, I checked prior to the Category 8 changes took place earlier this month and didn't see this hotel listed (maybe I missed it), but it's definitely a Category 8 hotel now.

Also, I was told this hotel does not offer the ability to use extra points to book into a vineyard view room. Even prior to the Category 8 change, the Bonvoy rep told me this hotel was not offering the ability to use extra points to book into a vineyard view room.

So it looks like I'll have to rely on the SNAs to get either a junior suite or vineyard view room.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions here! I know it's a ways out, but I'll update the thread with the results of the SNA once we're in November.
I just looked from December of 2017. I booked for 2500 more starpoints than the standard (by the way, the standard was 30,000 starpoints or 90,000 marriott points so moving up to a cat 8 moves it back to pre-merger pricing). I guess this little used but quite valuable benefit has gone away. Too bad.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Since the entry level room is the same as the better view room, I wouldn't recommend using SNAs unless you're not going to use them otherwise before they expire. But your calls as always!

Hope you enjoy!
I have to disagree here. I'd much rather use an SNA for the difference in views here than to get two standard rooms built out as a suite at any run of the mill westin or sheraton. Sometimes the ambiance is worth more than the physical space.