FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:56 pm
medtravels

Originally Posted by CharliesAngels
Just wondering with people booking these extended itineraries, are you taking these flights on your own or with a partner?

I am wondering whether to book one of these routings to get to gold with BA. My concern isn't so much the cost, but it is long way to travel if you don't have anyone to share it with when you get there. Hence I'm wondering if those people who are booking routing which earn 700 - 1000 Tier Points are generally travelling alone or with someone - would be very interested to hear thoughts.

For my own situation, my motivation to get to gold is the option to get access to more avios seat capacity. I earn quite a few Avios each money due to Amex spend (circa 150,000 Avios / month) but I don't earn TPs normally. So I would be making a special effort to get to 1,500+ TPs in order to get the booking capacity benefit of gold.
I've recently started travelling solo mainly because I'm single and it's often difficult to get my friends to travel with me (due to their own family and travel commitments) - can't wait for others to be ready right? So far I've taken vacations alone but ARN-HNL will be my first TP run, with a few days in HNL to relax and recharge. I'm in the process of convincing my cousin to join me on the DUB-LAS run as I'd imagine Vegas is more fun with company!