FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:40 pm
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by CharliesAngels
My concern isn't so much the cost, but it is long way to travel if you don't have anyone to share it with when you get there. Hence I'm wondering if those people who are booking routing which earn 700 - 1000 Tier Points are generally travelling alone or with someone - would be very interested to hear thoughts.
So as a solo traveller I should just stay home and sob how I always travel alone, being the sovereign of my life?

The only thing I mind is that with double occupancy, the cost of my hotel stays would feel more like smart spending and having a better load factor for the rooms. But heck, I rather stay with myself at a **** or ***** hotel, than stay overnight 365 nights per year in my own bed. My bed is fine and dandy, but life would lack any vividity, if I wouldn't enjoy my freedom of movement. As a sidenote: not all my hotel nights are at four or five star establishments, but that's the upper spectrum of my accomodation spend. My TP runs are masked as leisure and fun, not just travelling to some airport and doing a turnaround. My minimum stay is at least a few days and my TP runs are designed to be adventures as well, not just raking in some fricking, boring TPs.

Sure, it would be fun to share the occasional trip with someone likeminded, but I don't know anyone else with the means, interest and time for doing the kind of travels I do. So overall it's just me, myself and I on my trips. Is it bad? Nah. I don't need to argue about doing HEL-TXL-LHR-YVR in style, rather than just HEL-NYC with the other plebs at the back. A slogan for my virtue: just book it.