FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:00 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
It seems they need to develop protocol for shifts from Polaris config to pmUA config:
1) check to see if the flight was previously assigned pmUA configuration
2) if not, proceed to step 4
3) if so, restore seat assignments to those previously assigned in the F cabin
4) insert passengers into remaining F seats based on the following priority: GS>fare class>MM>ticketed date/time, then same sequence for 1K if there are still remaining seats

I have no faith they have a protocol or ever check step 1. The prioritization could be debated, but that's my opinion.
my thought process here is that the solution SHOULD be simple...

Why can't IT log the original seat chosen by a pax and keep that in memory if the seat map changes? Then, when a new seat map is presented, don't assign anyone seats, but email all pax notifying them of seating change and to log into their reservations to re-select seats. IF the previous seating configuration returns, revert to the memorized seating assignments for those that had seats on that aircraft originally and put them back. I dont understand why this would be so difficult to do.......