FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:11 pm
akr1970akr

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by halamadrid
The reddit dp you posted does not actually confirm getting the full $400 back and the travel credit. It actually mentions that CS told them that the travel credit amount would be subtracted from the AF refund and the reddit poster is hoping to get the full credit. There's a response to the post referencing a DOC dp of getting thethe full AF back (not specific on travel credits), but no link and I haven't seen an actual dp from DOC with confirmation of getting the travel credits and the full AF back.
read the full post, a few comments later the OP comes back and updates the thread stating that the front line CSR was wrong, and that they got the fee refunded.

alphabet99

15 points·9 months agoAltitude Reserve $400 annual fee posted earlier this month. Bought a refundable Southwest flight and canceled, and received the $325 travel credit. Called today and told the rep I wanted to cancel for a refund of the $400 fee. On hold for a while, and then she tells me I'll only get a $25 refund since I already used the travel credit. Came here to report and as I'm typing it, realized the math doesn't even work and I should be getting $75 according to her logic. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed for the full $400 fee refund.

level 2
blueskyandgoodwine
EZE, MON5 points·9 months agoDoC got the whole refund so I suspect the odds are in your favor. Especially considering the special math, sounds like the rep was pulling stuff out of thin air. Did you get the 10k retention offer?

level 3
alphabet99

2 points·9 months agoDid not get the 10K retention offer, but did get the full refund!