FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank you ba
Thread: Thank you ba
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:47 am
Mikey Mike Mike

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Thank you ba

I am currently in the UK to be with my family on my birthday this Wednesday. My mother who is seriously ill, has taken a turn for the worse since I arrived on Saturday and is likely to pass away in the next 72 hours and so I need to defer my return trip till at least the weekend depending on what happens. With seats scarce (and a massive fare change difference) the UK call centre agent placed me on hold to check the BA policy. I've been moved to the last seat (literally) on Sunday's flight to Toronto with my upgrade honoured at no cost as a Silver member. I've been told that if I need to move the flight further back (if my mother lives longer than expected) then there is no problem with that either!

My reason for the posting was to thank the agent and BA from the bottom of my heart. Its a generous gesture within the BA Silver policy which has lifted a weight off my mind. I had been dreading making the call since arriving on saturday and realising a change was needed. I am often a critic of BA (as a brit who cares about the national carrier) and want it to be the best of British (UK really but you know what I mean!) Such a gesture at such a desperate time will not be forgotten.

I post this both as a thank you to BA but also for any other Exec Members who may be in a similar predicament in the future. I only ask that others don't misuse the information on the policy by me posting about it.
And I'm fine with the events in my life, so please don't feel the need to message personal support - I know the FT community wants good to happen and BA have just done such a brilliant and generous gesture, that whatever unfolds in the next few days - I know I don't have to now worry about when I eventually go home.

Thank you to the agent for being so kind - and to BA for making my life a lot easier for the few days at least.