FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott status match/challenge -- Platinum treatment better than Globalist Hyatt
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:55 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Funny as so many of us SPG loyalists are furious at the CS and IT issues brought about by Marriott. I have been testing Hyatt out and have liked what I have seen so far (lifetime titanium over at Marriott and now Globalist at Hyatt). My last stay at HK Hyatt Regency I was upgraded to a Suite which I preferred over the Sheraton I normally take - however the Sheraton gave full buffet breakfast vs Hyatt's CL breakfast and had a much bigger and well-stocked gym. I am guessing full buffet breakfasts in Asia for Marriott will be better than Hyatt CLs, but will have to compare in the US over the summer where Marriott's breakfasts (and SPG's to be fair) have always been subpar.

I am trying PH Istanbul and the STR Istanbul next week to compare. The week after back to HK and most likely will take Regency, though might try GH.

Overall, I am enjoying Hyatt. It feels more like SPG. However, the tiny footprint is a serious issue towards requalification or globalist. Going to Switzerland next month and fthere is nothing whee I am going whiles tons of Marriott choices. There are ample Hyatt choices in cities but not where I like to vacation. Trying to figure out if i think I can qualify by spend.