FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:35 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
Just flew CAI-FRA-ORD-DFW paid business/Polaris.

...Why would the computer say “Denied” ? (I tried both my Intl + Dom).
Shouldn’t it know the rules?
Any chance you were on a separate PNR/ticket to DFW (CAI-ORD & ORD-DFW?) - that is, did your boarding pass to DFW have INTL printed on it?

Had a similar experience in DEN, but agent was nice enough to let me in and even took the time to look into it. According to that agent, UA*G access only applies if your PNR in/out of that particular airport contains an international flight/segment.
Rules do state "a same-day boarding pass for travel on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (departure airport can be different from that of the United Club location being entered)." However, the agent tried using some of the boarding passes from the international PNR, but the system still wouldn't accept it. They can also manually look you up by name but can only "see" the PNR for flights departing or arriving the airport where that particular club is located. She did say that they (DEN) had the most recent system with all the "current" rules...

Any one know what the current rules are for UA*Gs..?