FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:50 pm
1BI

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?

Upgrades, awards redemption rate, and baggage allowance in that order. I’m pretty sure for what I’m flying I wouldn’t get any lounge access unless I get an associated credit card or buy a membership, right?

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?

Probably 25k-30k over 50 to 60 segments annually to be expected. Plus some a couple thousand extra over a couple more segments here and there.

3. What fare class do you usually buy?

Economy

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?

I can choose my airline, though always economy for work. Most of my travel is for work, with the occasional leisure trip.

5. Which routes do you fly most often?

Chicago-ATL (vast majority), Chicago-NYC. Am also planning a couple of trips to Europe (Paris, Athens, Germany) and one to Hawaii in the next year or two. Also a random Chicago to SEA or LAX thrown in for good measure.

6. What is your home airport?

ORD/MDW, with a slight preference for ORD.

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?

No status. A smattering of miles (<10k each) with the various US carriers. 100k+ transferable to a couple of airlines via Chase UR.

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?

No preference.

Thanks!