FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:01 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by 4sallypat
So our family booked a last minute budget spring trip to Europe in 2 weeks.
4 Low Fare tickets LAX-MAD and CDG-LAX flying a 787 Dreamliner.
Strange that the air tickets are so low so close to departure and the seats that have been "taken" are very low - makes me worry that they might cancel the flight ?
Never used Norwegian to Europe - we usually fly BA or Delta.

So my questions using a LCC for long haul:
1. If we bought 4 tickets on one receipt, will the agent at the counter assign us seats together ? Can we ask for together seats assuming they are available ?
2. The NAS website shows personal and carry on can not exceed 10kg. The email I received says Max 10 kg, Max 55 x 40 x 23 cm - do they actually measure it or weight it or both ?
3. Is the food worth it to pay ? I think $45 is a bit excessive for economy meal.... We were planning on filling up at the airport lounge (KAL) before the flight. Really wished the Centurion lounge was ready then.....
This isn't BA or Delta. As long as your travel plans are extremely flexible in terms of date of departure/return, city of origin/destination, having to repurchase tickets on another airline, Norwegian is an option.
All of your questions are answered in this subforum in multiple threads. Probably worth the time for you to read the various Norwegian threads. Caveat Emptor.