FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:41 pm
kmersh

Originally Posted by Kacee
Would you rather be in Polanco or Colonia Juarez? Areas are pretty different. I don't much care for Polanco, but others do.

I'd say HR is overall a cut above LM, which is a redone Embassy Suites and operated on a bit of a shoestring. If looking at SPG properties, I'd be much more interested in St. Regis (walkable to Condesa and Roma) or the W (very close to the HR). The one really positive thing I'll say about the LM is the sound insulation is fantastic.

The JW sucks. IMO.
I have not been to Mexico City in 10 years if not more, in fact when I last visited the Hyatt was still a Nikko (sp?). At the time, I stayed at the J.W. Marriott and enjoyed my stay, the lounge was better than what I was accustomed to in the USA and the rooms were fine, has the J.W. Marriott fallen so much since then?

The Hyatt is about $50 less a night for a Club Room than the Marriott is for a regular room and even though my wife is a Marriott Titanium, being a legacy Marriott property that really means nothing in terms of upgrades, so really all else is equal as we have zero Hyatt status.

We are leaning Hyatt due to the cost savings alone, but we were underwhelmed by our last Hyatt stay (Jacksonville, FL.) which is the only thing giving us any pause in booking with the Hyatt.