FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Marriott always been this virulently anti-guest?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:07 am
Segments

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by nacho
Why do people have to call? I HATE to call and I still have to, here's why:
  1. There's no way I can attach my TP cert online;
  2. Agents can't handle how to put in a TP in part of a reservation - the solution is to break it into 2 and do it - apparently they don't know how to do it!
  3. Even though the agent said it's attached, it's not, so I had to call AGAIN to do it. It takes 4 calls to get this stupid cert attached.
  4. A LNF claim was left unanswered for more than 30 hours - so I had to call and the agent said ,"why do you people have to call?"
5. You can’t add the name of another guest to your reservation online. So if I’m redeeming points for someone else, or they may arrive before me, I have to call the Rewards line or the hotel directly. Wish Bonvoy would adopt the Hilton model allowing me to name my traveling companion when making the reservation.

6. Change in cancellation policy from 6 pm day of to 2+ days. Now if there are flight cancellations due to bad weather I must call to plead my case. As a frequent business traveler who is on the road every week, the odds of IRROPS is high. Usually not a problem getting the penalty waived due to status or hotel’s obvious awareness of major storms, but still a need to call that wasn’t required in the past.