FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oh the joys of Manchester security....
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:04 am
CoweyB

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I had remembered this thread so decided to check in my bag given the horror stories I had read here and elsewhere. When I got to check in I was asked - strangely I thought as there is only one flight a week to LCY - what time my flight was at? I duly obliged by telling the agent 13:30 who said I was one minute away from cut off, presumably for bags.

With a sigh of relief and a boarding card in a sweaty hand that said gate 44 I went off to security. Fast track was fine and normal security was only a little busier but when I was waiting to collect my bag I was horrified to see 15 trays with bags selected for secondary searches with just two security officers working through them at a slow pace and I was so thankful when mine and my bf’s cane through ok.

There was only time for a quick orange juice in the lounge before heading to gate 44. But when we arrived at gate 44 a bit after 13:00 I noticed there was no one there. I didn’t worry thinking that the flight was going to be light (there hadn’t been many coming up on Friday) but by 13:12 I started to worry as no BA staff had arrived. I searched out a monitor board about 5 mins away and to my horror it said gate 144. I checked my boarding card again which said 44 and we started heading quickly for the new gate.

“Here they come now” was what we heard when we arrived and I pointed out the discrepancy on the boarding card “yes that happens sometimes” was the unbelievable answer I received.

But we made the flight which is what mattered as I’m off to IST tomorrow...