FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for currency exchanges (USD and GBP)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:32 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by tmiw
Anyway, based on OP's location, I'm not sure what Finland has in terms of banking products. No-FTF debit and credit cards might not even be available there for all I know, so it's hard to give advice other than "don't use Travelex".
I do have Curve Black, which I recently obtained. Yes, I'm probably going to go the ATM withdrawal path, but just wanted to ask for ideas and advice. I'm in no way limited to one country, except in terms of personal banking. But then again that too can be overcome, hence opening a checking account elsewhere has become harder these days.

Originally Posted by tmiw
I've heard that in the past (and possibly still now), many tipped workers preferred cash tips since they made it easier to not report all of them. I've also heard of a few restaurants that don't allow tips on card due to POS limitations but I don't think that's common.
I think it's just more sincere to leave something tangible as a thank you. You don't need to wait for it to be paid at a later date.