FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:20 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by louie-m
We're flying BDV to LGW on TK1165 in economy in a few months, less than T-100. Looking at the seat map on Turkish Airlines' website, the first exits are in front of row 11. Seatguru says that on this version of 737-800, 7A and 7F don't have windows, but other similar websites don't mention that. Is that correct? Regardless of that, what would be the best window seats (with a view) that you don't have to pay for?

Also, TK's website is only allowing me to choose seats in rows 5 to 11 - or possibly I haven't yet worked out how to navigate further towards the back! Is this normal or is there some secret to choosing seats behind the wing?
For the specific configuration of your aircraft, seat 7A won't have a window but seat 7F does. I would suggest you to not pay for an exit seat ( which are rows 11 and 12 ) unless you are tall enough. In addition to that row 5 does have limited extra legroom. If you want an exit row or a bulkhead seat they are given first come first served at check-in for free. However, the best window seat with a view would be 7F, 8A or 8F. Row 6 could be bothersome when there is a baby in row 5 ( the bulkhead row which allows bassinets to be fixed ).

Just be aware that the configuration of your flight could also have Weber seats and Recaro seats. Recaro seats are slimmer than Weber seats so they don't have the exact same legroom in regular rows.