FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:56 pm
phant0m

Originally Posted by 350hp
Marriott sent me a twitter message saying that I haven't met my spending threshold. I called into JP Morgan Executive Line who said they are well aware of the issue and Marriott is working on a resolution. I insisted on having a conference call with Marriott. After a long pause an utterly incompetent rep from Marriott came on the line. She sounded like she was on the verge of breaking down. After a shouting match between her and the Chase rep, a supervisor came on the line and started screaming right off the bat. He referred to the Chase rep as the "guy on the line". Still no resolution and call dropped after that. What a disaster!

Some observations from the call:

1. Reps don't seem to understand that the old Gold status matched to Platinum. All they care about are the words "Gold". You were gold and still are gold, go away is the attitude.
2. They CAN see a history of your status. Every time I ask them to check my status on March 3, they seem to be confused about how I was Platinum.
3. They can only see the nights credited by your credit card. They don't seem to understand that some cards like the Ritz give status directly instead of night credits. The automatic upgrades seem to be happening in the background.

Can anyone help me with this, please?
Send an email to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker and they can escalate. I find their normal chain of command is horrid and incompetent.