FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:03 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If I had to wait as any guest 40 minutes after published check-in time for a room -- let alone with the top-level elite status -- I'd expect at the very minimum dinner or drinks on the hotel. This is completely unacceptable.
We are in agreement for the service recovery of a drink or something comparable—but again this later check in issue has nothing to do with the Ambassador and everything to do with how well run/managed a hotel is.

I somewhat agree just because I doubt they have the first-hand knowledge to make hotel recommends outside of what they heard via feedback from other customers. With that said, Marriott has advertised the ambassador agents as being concierges, making reservations, providing recommendations and so forth.
There are 5000 properties. I think it’s fairly obvious that Ambassadors aren’t likely to know them all or even most of them. I think someone wanting a travel agent should consult a travel agent.