FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick (LGW) South Terminal - user guide for BA travellers
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:07 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dselvan
1. I assume BA will have through checked our luggage?
2. When we arrive, do we have to exit into public area and go through security again for our "domestic" connection since I am led to believe there is no flight connections like in LHR?
3. I assume we will still have BA lounge access since we arrive CW (and wife will be BA Gold), even though Aer Lingus only has economy but the flight has a BA number?
1) If it is a single booking from ANU to DUB then yes it will be through checked.
2) Yes, you need to go fully landside at the moment, and then go through normal security at LGW. Just go through the exit channels, when landside continue onwards (slightly rightwards) to Boots, at the back of which by the WC are some lifts that take you to main security. I don't think you will have Fast Track in this scenario but it's usually just as fast with main security. The arrangements are expected to change in a few months - I don't have the precise date, but looking at the building work it doesn't seem too far off. Flight Connection at LGW South is only for international flights, and DUB doesn't count for that.
3) Yes, if Gold you would have lounge access so long as it is a BA issued ticket (125 ticket number) and Sold As a BA flight number.