FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Suspends 2019 Financial Guidance
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:13 pm
YYT82

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by canopus27
It's a guessing game for everyone .... but IIRC, the Ethiopian black boxes didn't even get to Paris until yesterday. The Indonesian analysis took several weeks .... and that was just to understand what the problem is. Meanwhile, the 787 grounding was three months. Will the 737 grounding be three months? Two? Four? Who knows ... but I'll be shocked if it's only three weeks.
I wasn't saying the grounding would only last three weeks (I think it will be more than a couple of months like what the FAA was saying yesterday). I was referring to the fact that AC only pulled three weeks' worth of inventory offline, so we can still all go ahead and book on MAX routes more than three weeks out. Next week, AC might pull one additional week's worth of inventory offline, and pull one more week offline the week after as the situation unfolds. So essentially AC could be moving that three week window as the situation unfolds, until such a time when they receive affirmative information on when the grounding order will be lifted.

Hence, booking flights more than three weeks out, I don't think we'll be gouged (and if our booked flights are affected, we can be protected anyway for no additional cost). Inside that three week window? Yeah, you're kinda screwed.